Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One week old




What a week!!!! Mike and I took our little Ayla out with us to lunch and then to Longs today and I am happy to say she slept through the entire outing. We had so much fun! Okay.....I'll let you in on the secret we fed her right before we left our house knowing we had a two hour window where she would sleep so we could get a little time to enjoy each other's company and pick up a few necessities. For those of you who don't know Mike he works a ton and when he told me he was taking off work until July 7th I was shocked and soooo happy! So it is really nice to be able to sleep in (sleeping in is relative these days), go out to lunch, and run errands during the day together with our little girl. I feel like I have a personal chauffeur as Ayla and I sit in the back while Mike (aka dad) drives us around. I could really start getting used to this. :)

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Look at your new page all snazzed up! She is just too cute, I can't wait to meet and hold her!

Heather said...

She is too, too cute! Look at those luscious lips. I can't wait to see her tonight and YOU too!

Love,
H

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful family. :D Go out now!! She'll sleep more now than later. You can still go out to eat and the movies and she will have no clue.

Heather said...

So fun to see you last night. You look absolutely amazing and your smile says it all. Mike is the cutest dad too and so proud. Thanks for having us over. All my love to Ayla. Can't wait to see her again soon.

Izzy Bizzy Busy Bee said...

Love this baby! Can I come hold her again soon?

JKAndrus said...

What a doll! I love the pics. I am so glad you enjoyed dinner. I will call you tomorrow. Jer had knee surgery yesterday so i am taking care of two...yikes!! Miss you, can't wait to see how everything is going.