Thursday, April 10, 2008

BabyMooning to Palm Springs....








I rolled my eyes at this "Today Show" idea too!! Here is the definition of "BabyMoon"...
From Wikipedia-
A babymoon is a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons are usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage. The term babymoon comes from the more traditional term honeymoon, which is a vacation taken by a newlywed couple after their wedding ceremony.
Mike and I went on a vacation down to Palm Springs which Melissa tells me is the "Hampton's of the West Coast". I was thinking it was more the land of the blue haired. Well...... It was fantastic and a lot more young and hip than I thought. We golfed, went to the spa, and just got to enjoy each others company without distractions. Mike and I even went to the salon together and got pedicures. This was a momentous occasion as this was Mike's first pedicure EVER. One of the days Mike was in a golf tournament, so I went to the spa and got a massage and then spent the day at the pool reading and enjoying the sun. Here is the best part..... Ladies, I had my very own cabana boy. Yes. It was great!!! This may sound crazy but another wonderful amenity the hotel had was a Starbucks in the lobby.
Babymooning RULES !!!!! I recommend this kind of vacation to everyone. Complete relaxation.

1 comment:

Paris Bucklew said...

So much fun! Sounds like you guys got some good R&R. We'll be in Palm Springs next week. However, we're staying in a family friend's condo, so I'm a bit jealous of your "Cabana Boy."