Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Home Sick :(

I hate being sick. I went to the doctor yesterday after I coughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants and choked myself at the same time. Picture this standing in a parking lot coughing, legs crossed and holding on to my car so as to not fall over. It was at that moment I decided to go to urgent care. I told my doctor what my symptoms where and she did some doctor stuff...you know check your ears, eyes, and throat. She listened to my lungs and said she could hear the fluid/congestion. This makes a lot of sense as I have been out of breath and wheezing, which is really really annoying! Anyway she prescribed 2 different medicines. I asked are these okay to take while being prego. Her response "oh let me check....ummm yes these are both class c's". I left the office and talked with the pharmacist and my OBGYN to make sure these med's would not negatively effect the lil one and found out I am in the clear. I was planning on going to work but felt too crappy to leave the house. I slept in and now I am working from home (or blogging) and watching the food network.
Here is to a happy healthy tomorrow!!! :)

2 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

Awww...being sick is the worst :( Take good care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

Nicole said...

Ok, I had to laugh at your parking lot experience because I just had a similar one. A few weeks ago I was sick, and had the lung congestion/cough going. Well I was at work on the phone with a new patient and started a coughing fit. I had to drop the phone and walk out of my office because I couldn't stop. I was coughing so hard I was gagging, so I went outside to the bushes and bent over just in case. This woman came up behind me and said, "Do you need help?" I was like, no, I'm good. Then she goes, "Aw, honey. Do you have the flu, or are ya just pregnant?" So tacky! I was like "neither!" and thought, who is this woman with big hair, a big flower print t-shirt, and no tact? Actually, she was a patient of ours and it was so awkward to look at her in the office when I came back in. Just thought I would share.
Tell Mike i said hi.