Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

Funny story about this tree... Mike and I put this up on Saturday. First put up the lights then the ornaments, tree skirt, and made sure to put water and "tree food" in the stand. We finished and left the room to get ready for a DLS Basketball game and all of a sudden. I hear a BIG BANG. You guessed it! THE TREE WAS DOWN. The big bang was the breaking of Christmas ornaments. I was in disbelief. I was happy that only 2 of the crappy ornaments broke but started freaking out when I realized I had a pitcher and a half of water and "tree food" all over my hard wood floor. Mike and I got into clean up mode and the next day I bought a new tree skirt and ornaments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how funny! That's exactly what happened to Mike and I last year. Only we were sleeping, heard a big thud, ignored it, then the next morning found our xmas tree on the ground (nothing broken) but water all over the carpet. I guess its just got to happen to someone every year! I also love the blog above, it actually made me laugh out loud :) Keep blogging Al, I check this blog almost as much as Perez Hilton!!!
Love, Megan

Nicole said...

I have to say, I am a little jealous of the real tree, and your wood burning fireplace. We have a gas one, and it is so expensive it isn't even worth running. It also doesn't put out much heat. Suck.